About Air Transat
Air Transat is Canada’s number one leisure airline. It flies to some 60 international destinations in more than 25 countries in the Americas and Europe, offers domestic and connecting flights within Canada, and carries some 5 million passengers every year. Air Transat is a business unit of Transat A.T. Inc., a leading integrated international tourism company specializing in holiday travel and offering vacation packages, hotel stays and air travel. The company is Based in Montreal and has 5.000 employees.
Best Leisure Airline Worldwide 2019:
For the second year in a row, Air Transat has been named the World’s Best Leisure Airline at the Skytrax World Airline Awards 2019.
Flying from Basel, Switzerland:
Next to the direct flights from Basel to Montreal two times a week in summer season (on Tuesday and Saturday) Air Transat also offers connecting flights to Quebec and Toronto in Eastern Canada and Vancouver and Calgary in the Western regions. Air Transat is the gateway from Switzerland to Canada. Departing from Basel, but also Lyon and Paris, Air Transat offers travellers more options and flexibility to explore Canada.
A new travel experience:
Air Transat is taking delivery of the first of 15 Airbus A321neoLRs (Long Range) that will be added to its fleet by 2022. More personal space in Economy Class, less cabin noise, a state-of-the-art in-seat entertainment system and a brand-new Club Class. Plus, with the lowest fuel consumption and greenhouse gas emissions (CO2 and NOx) in its class, the Airbus A321neoLR is in perfect sync with Air Transat’s continued efforts in sustainable tourism.
The Airbus A321neoLR operates on the Basel-Montréal route since 25 June 2019.
Good to know about Air Transat offer:
- Domestic flights: extended network of domestic flights between East and West Canada offering more travelling possibilities
- Stopovers: add up to 2 stopovers in Canada per direction (starting at €100 per stop) – only bookable via GDS
- TGV AIR (NEW): combines a train journey with SNCF from 18 cities in France but also from Lyon with a direct flight from CDG to Canada.
- Eco Fare family: offers more flexibility and advantages for the different types of travellers (Eco Budget, Eco Standard & Eco Flex).
Eco Budget: Air Transat’slowest rate, with no flexibility and no checked baggage allowance.
Eco Standard: Air Transat’s best-value rate, with change and cancellation for a fee, including one piece of checked baggage and standard seat selection.
Eco Flex: Air Transat’s maximum flexibility rate, including free cancellation and change as well as plenty of extras, such as two pieces of checked baggage, priority airport services and any seat selection based on availability.
- Seat Selection: available as of €24 per segment – bookable up to 48 h prior departure
- Option Plus: More privileges and services in Economy Class: extra luggage, seat selection, priority services and extra on-board perks such as the comfort kit, alcoholic beverage and more (available as of € 63 per segment)
- Special meals:for special diets (to be requested up to 72h before departure)
- Club Class: Sit back and relax in an exclusive cabin with spacious and comfortable seats. Travel in style with two pieces of checked baggage, priority services at the airport, our gourmet Chef’s Menu by Daniel Vézina and extra on-board perks such as a welcome cocktail, the comfort kit, complementary beverages and snacks.
- Family services: discount for children between 25% and 90%, VIP service for unaccompanied minors
- Sports equipment: free transportation of certain equipment (up to 20kg) on top of regular baggage allowance such as camping gear, golf clubs, diving equipment etc. Bikes are not free of charge but can be transported for € 60 per flight.